Are you struggling with what to post on Facebook?
Are you wondering why nobody shares, likes or comments your Facebook posts?
Well, this is for you. In this video, I show you examples of the 7 Factors of Highly Shared Posts.
I fell in love with this Contagious Content white paper that created Brian Carter and Marketo. I’ve decided to highlight some of the insights that fit with what I hear the most often from my clients entrepreneurs.
In this study, they zoom in on what people share on Facebook and why they share it. Here’s what they have to say.
Shareability is all about what the post does to people- it affects them in such a way that they want to share with others. Highly shareable posts do at least one of the following:
1. GIVE: Offers, discounts, deals or contests that everyone can benefit from, not just one sub-group of your friends
2. ADVISE: Tips, especially about problems that everyone encounters; for example, how to get a job or how to beat the flu
3. WARN: Warnings about dangers that could affect anyone
4. AMUSE: Funny pictures and quotes, as long as they’re not offensive to any group- sometimes the humor isn’t quite as strong or edgy- it has to appeal to a general audience
5. INSPIRE: Inspirational quotes
6. AMAZE: Amazing pictures or facts
7. UNITE: A post that acts as a flag to carry and a way to brag to others about your membership in a group that’s doing pretty darned good, thank you very much. –
Source: Contagious Content by Brian Carter & Marketo